Monday 4 January 2021

The patient as a key agent for the exchange of health information in Europe

Tino Martí


Health care between the countries of the European Union is regulated by Directive 2011/24/EU of the European Parliament and the Council, on the application of the rights of patients in cross-border healthcare, published on March 9, 2011, One of the objectives of the directive is to regulate access to patient information. The exchange of health information is important to ensuring quality care and allowing continuity and coordination beyond the borders of the different health systems existing in Europe, whether at national or regional level. 

Until now, the approach to the exchange of health information has been carried out through the so-called National Contact Points for eHealth (NCPeH), in charge of guaranteeing the exchange of health information between countries. The NCPeH have, first of all, the challenge of integrating the patient information produced within each country. In Spain, for example, this work is entrusted to the Ministry of Health, Consumption and Social Welfare, which develops it through the project of the Digital Medical Record of the National Health System and which should act as a link for the exchange of information with other countries of the European Union. The same architecture must also allow the exchange of the patient summary and the electronic prescription between autonomous communities.

However, the interoperability strategy between the countries of the European Union based on NCPeH is progressing slowly. To date, only a few countries have managed to exchange information on a bilateral and unidirectional basis. Finland exchanges the electronic prescription with Estonia and the prescription and patient summary with Croatia and the Czech Republic exchanges the patient summary with Luxembourg. The expansion plans of these exchanges involve 22 member states with the capacity to transfer these clinical documents by 2022.

At the beginning of 2013, we published in Advances in Clinical Management a post about virtual clinical practice and we echoed the Blue Button project in the United States, a service offered to patients so that they can download their health data from their healthcare provider.

Following the philosophy of facilitating access to health information to the user himself, at the beginning of 2019, the InteropEHRate project was started, funded by the European Commission, whose objective is to generate the protocols for the exchange of health information so that the patient is the vehicle transport of the same and the nexus between health providers regardless of the country of origin and care.

InteropEHRate is testing the transfer of information between the healthcare provider's information system and a smart electronic health record resident in the patient's mobile phone that does not require internet access for the transfer of information (device-to-device exchange through Bluetooth). With this information in their hands, the patient can exchange it with the provider both in her country and abroad and, at the same time, donate her data for health research purposes.

The ecosystem created by InteropEHRate also includes the possibility of accessing patient data in an emergency and opens the door to endless possibilities to extend the value offered to the user through the integration of health and wellness applications.

Converting this type of service into a right for European citizens could be a complementary - and perhaps more pragmatic - alternative to interoperability between health systems in Europe. But, like almost everything, better test it first.


4 comments:

  1. Having herpes is not the end of life there is a treatment that can get rid of Genital herpes with traditional herbs from Dr Kham. I was positive to this infection (HERPES) and I lost hope because I was outcast and rejected even by my closet friends. I searched on-line to know an enquirer cure for HERPES and I got a testimony posted by a patient on how she was cured from HSV by Dr. Kham herbal product, So i decided to contact the same herbalist Dr. Kham because i know that nature has the power to heal everything. i contacted him to know how he can help me and he told me never to worry that he will help me with the natural herbs created by God Almighty! After contacting him, he told me that the cure has to be prepared and he will send it to me via (UPS Delivery service) and unfortunately it got to me after 5 days! i used the medicine as he instructed me (MORNING and EVENING) and i was cured! it's really like a dream but I am so happy now! That's the reason I decided to also add more comments on Him so that more can be saved just like me! and if you need his help, you can email him on dr.khamcaregiver@gmail.com or whats-app +23478159922297 for more information about his herbal medication visit his website via: https://herbal-dr-kham.jimdosite.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been suffering from (HERPES SIMPLEX VIRUS) disease for the past four years and had constant pain, especially in my knees. During the first year, I had faith in God that I would be healed someday. This disease started circulating all over my body and I have been taking treatment from my doctor but few weeks ago I came on search on the internet if I could get any information concerning the prevention of this disease, on my search I saw a testimony of someone who has been healed from (Hepatitis B and Cancer) by this Man Dr.Oliha and she gave the email address of this man and advise we should contact him for any sickness that he would be of help, so I wrote to Dr. Oliha telling him about my (HERPES Virus) he told me not to worry that I was going to be cured!! Hmm I never believed it. Well, after all the procedures and remedy given to me by this man a few weeks later I started experiencing changes all over me as the Dr. assured me that I have been cured. After some time I went to my doctor to confirm if I have been healed and behold it was TRUE. So friends, my advice is if you have such sickness or any other at all you can email Dr Oliha on oliha.miraclemedicine@gmail.com contact Dr Oliha today for your problem to be solved for you just as my problem have been solved for me also via Email: oliha.miraclemedicine@gmail.com Here is his details to contact Dr Oliha if you wish for your problem to be solved E-mail: oliha.miraclemedicine@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get your full UK /USA driving license with us. NO TESTS✅
    NO EXAMS✅
    DVLA APPROVED✅
    Theory certificates✅
    Practical certificates✅
    Full license ✅
    Motorcycle license ✅
    Cpc license✅
    HGV license ✅
    Passports ✅
    Visa arrangements✅
    Buy German Drivers license
    German Drivers license 2022
    German driving license - buy registered drivers license online .You can buy a real or fake German Driver license online.
    Buy German registered driver's license online.
    Buy covid 19 Vaccination cards online

    CALL/TEXT : +1 (901) 878-9747

    WHATSAPP: +1 (901) 878-9747

    Telegram: @Approveddocumente

    EMAIL : approvedocs365@gmail.com

    buy driver's license online USA

    buy genuine driving license

    buy dl number online

    buy driving license

    buy California driver license
    buy your driver license
    real drivers license for sale
    where to buy driver license
    registered driver license
    free drivers license maker online
    counterfeit driver's license
    buy registered drivers license
    get my driver's license online driving license online
    get driving license online
    driving license online registration
    apply for driving license online
    driving license test
    driving license office
    drivers license online
    buy license plates online

    CALL/TEXT : +1 (901) 878-9747

    WHATSAPP: +1 (901) 878-9747

    Telegram: @Approveddocumente

    EMAIL : approvedocs365@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello viewer am Albert mike from Kenya 30 years old am here to share my testimony on how i joined the brotherhood of illuminati.. four months back when i wanted to join the brotherhood i was scammed by fake agents and people pretending to be Grand Master use the website.. until i met a friend MR BERRY WARD who gave me the genuine procedures i followed and made me a member of the great brotherhood of illuminati. today i am living a good life and i have enough money to do all i ever wanted .if u are interested and u need the help of my Initiator Berry.send email-grandmasterilluminati29@gmail.com or Whats'App MR Berry ward +1(720) 803-2932 thanks Berry, am living the dream i will forever be grateful

    ReplyDelete