Monday 5 April 2021

Four premises to arrive at the autonomous organization of your team

Pere Vivó




Lack of agility, rigidity, slowness, excess of indicators, contradictory orders, ineffectiveness... are some of the historical and structural pathologies of the health care system, as Salvador Casado pointed out in the post "Primary Health Care Centres management notes".

The tension in the system caused by the coronavirus crisis has awakened latent leaders capable of providing organizational, imaginative, heterogeneous, fast and simple solutions, which is why projects such as the Autonomous Organization, started a few months ago by the Territorial Management of the city of Barcelona from the Catalan Institute of Health, acquire enormous relevance.

The Autonomous Organization began in some primary care teams with a vocation to improve the attention to citizens, working conditions and the satisfaction of professionals by involving them in the design of the organization. The pilot centres allowed professionals to adapt their working hours to the needs of the population (with seasonal criteria or their own needs), choose the distribution of tasks during the day and define the weekly offer of previous appointments and the type of visits (face-to-face, telephone or electronic consultations) to improve the accessibility of the equipment and its own. The project also incorporated, a year ago, the possibility of remote resolution of some consultation reasons in the form of remote work for all professionals.

But, to guarantee the success of a flexible, open and participated model, we have detected four essential premises that must be worked on previously:

1. Commitment: are all members of your team equally committed to the organization?

The starting point of the Autonomous Organization is based on an agreement signed by the team, which expresses the commitment to essential aspects for the sustainability of the organization, such as ensuring the quality of care, offering reasonable weekly accessibility, facilitating joint care by the doctor and the nurse, or fulfilling the annual working day, among others.

2. The purpose: why do you want to work on your team?

To join a project of these characteristics, we consider it important to establish the purpose, which consists of the intention or the spirit with which something is done, or the added sense that the professionals of a team feel regarding the meaning and impact of the result of collective work.

In the individual sphere, some authors define purpose as a necessary balance between the work mentality, which conceives work as an economic exchange; the professional, which focuses on increasing the sphere of prestige or power, and the vocational, which implies feeling committed to the project.

To specify the purpose, we should open a collective debate answering three questions that Florent Amion proposes: what do patients want to come to our health centre for? As a health worker, why do you want to contribute your talent to your work team? And, finally, what is the contribution of your team to society, beyond its care activity?

Business experts say that purpose is the key to overcome obstacles and blockages and to achieve optimal performance, while some psychologists describe it as the path that leads to happiness, even associating it with fewer propensities to suffer from diseases.

3. Leadership: do you exercise leadership in each of your actions?

The classic forms of leadership such as the promotion of participation, horizontal communication and equal opportunities, although necessary, are no longer sufficient and give way to new forms based on empowering teams and professionals and making them co-responsible for the results and project owners.

Therefore, the Autonomous Organization frames a very favourable environment to innovate and lead projects in a transversal way, giving leadership to each action of each member of the organization.

4. Trust: do you trust those around you? And you, do you promote trust among your team members?

It is very important to create a climate of trust based on the psychological protection of the members of an organization, generating comfortable environments where one can open up to their colleagues, guaranteeing confidentiality and respect and treating the error as a collective good, not hiding it but using it as a source of learning.

As catalysts of trust are the classic soft skills (as opposed to hard or purely technical) that constitute interpersonal relationship skills, respect for the work of colleagues or communication and appropriate language at all times, which allow us to interact successfully with others.

To conclude, the Autonomous Organization is a paradigm shift that goes beyond the purely technical aspects and tools that we have used so far. It can be an effective element to help us face the health challenge that lies ahead, improve collective well-being and also personal growth.

In one of John F. Kennedy's visits to NASA, as soon as he entered, he asked the concierge what work he did and he replied: "I help take the man to the Moon." This indicates that even the seemingly simple job can serve an extraordinary purpose.


Recommended reading:

Propósito, Sentido + Pasión. Harvard Business Review
Soñando con un Hospital Optimista. Florent Amion, José Fonseca

5 comments:


  1. I was haven herpes 2 on my private part. I have had them for about 2 and a bit years. I am so scared what my mates are going to says if there should fined out i have herpes on my private part and due to the virus my girlfriend broke up with me. I have been to the Doctors 9 times to get it treated. They all come back. I have been using Tee Tree Oil and Wartner (You freeze them at home) and they seem to be keeping the smaller herpes small but they can't seem to treat the larger ones. They don't get any bigger, but then they can't shrink as much. They get smaller a little part at a time. At least they are getting smaller! As soon as I see a new herpes appearing, then I treat it. At the moment I have been using Tee Tree twice a week and then using Wartner every 2 weeks. I was wondering if there was any other information about how to get rid of it. I am only a teenager and I hate it most when it get pi-chins me to scratch it, it get sweets when scratching it most times! I want to get rid of it so bad! DR.Oyagu website has been a huge help and has helped me realize a lot more about me and my family of genital herpes! so that was when i switch for natural remedy to see if there could be any help by herbal remedy, i search and i saw a great posts by Sarah devise Martha, Mignon Wright and shanttel Merritt on about the great herbal doctor that get them rid of there disease infection. and this great herbal doctor was called DR.Oyagu so that was when i contacted him for my own treatment and he prepared me some herbs which i takes for some couples of days, and i take it as he says before i am to no me and my family was perfectly cure for it and never experience it again. please friends if you have herpes virus and you really wants to get rid of it, please contact this great DR.Oyagu for herbal treatment and you will get rid of it. EMAIL. oyaguherbalhome@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies



    1. Herbal medicine is 100% guaranteed to cure HSV 1&2 Totally, The main reason why lots of people are finding it difficult to get cured from HERPES disease and some other deadly disease like ALS,HPV,CANCER DIEBETICE etc. is because lots of people believe in medical Surgery and drugs made of chemicals which cause more damages to the body system, Natural Vegetable herbal medicine is best and effective with no side effects, I've used it and it worked perfectly for me and my Husband so I'm recommending y'all with such illness or infection Problem to contact Dr. Aziba WhatsApp via +2348100368288 or Email : priestazibasolutioncenter@gmail.com for Natural Herbal Medicine to help you get cured without surgery.







      Herbal medicine is 100% guaranteed to cure HSV 1&2 Totally, The main reason why lots of people are finding it difficult to get cured from HERPES disease and some other deadly disease like ALS,HPV,CANCER DIEBETICE etc. is because lots of people believe in medical Surgery and drugs made of chemicals which cause more damages to the body system, Natural Vegetable herbal medicine is best and effective with no side effects, I've used it and it worked perfectly for me and my Husband so I'm recommending y'all with such illness or infection Problem to contact Dr. Aziba WhatsApp via +2348100368288 or Email : priestazibasolutioncenter@gmail.com for Natural Herbal Medicine to help you get cured without surgery.

      Delete
  2. Good luck to anyone reading this true life story of mine, I Was Diagnosed With type 2 Herpes Virus Last year, And I Was Looking For Solution To Be Cured Luckily I Saw Testimonies On How Dr Odion Cure Herpes Virus I Decided To Contact Dr Odion I Contacted Him He Prepared A Herbal Medicine Portion And Sent It To Me, I Started The Herbal Medicine For My Health. He Gave Me Step By Step Instructions On How To Apply It, When I Applied It As Instructed, I Was Cured Of This Deadly Herpes Within 2 weeks, I Am Now Herpes Negative. My Brother And Sister I No That There Are So Many People That Have The Same Herpes Virus Please contact Dr Odion To Help You Too, And Help Me To Thank Dr Odion For Cure Me, I’m Cured By Dr. Odion Herbal Medicine, His Contact Email: [drodionherbalhome12@gmail.com ] Or Cell Whatsapp Number +2349019421176 thank you

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's hard to find a genuine Herbalist These days , because there are so many Of them flaunting and parading themselves to be Herbal Practitioners. This made me Succumb to the fact that I will never be cured of Herpes Virus 2 , which I have been battling since August 16 2018. I became a loner, Afraid of dying as well. Earlier this Year 2021 i came to find out about numerous testimonies Recommending a Certain Herbalist , Who goes by the name of RAZOR. I ignored them because I never believed in Them. I finally decided to reach out to him when a distant Nephew of mine, Whom i never told or knew i had herpes Virus 2, Got cured From Epilepsy And Sickle cell, I thought at once he might be of help . So I contacted him and I can tell you today that I have been very proud of myself for making the move to contact him, I finally got cured of herpes virus 2 with the Herbal medicine Herbalist Razor Sent to me. After years of Suffering from this virus, I am finally permanently cured. God bless You so Much sir . Contact him on his Email : drrazorherbalhome@gmail.com . You can Write him on Whatsapp/Call him Directly on +234 90 6542 0442

    ReplyDelete
  4. Herbal medicine is 100% guaranteed to cure HSV 1&2 Totally, The main reason why lots of people are finding it difficult to get cured from HERPES disease and some other deadly disease like ALS,HPV,CANCER DIEBETICE etc. is because lots of people believe in medical Surgery and drugs made of chemicals which cause more damages to the body system, Natural Vegetable herbal medicine is best and effective with no side effects, I've used it and it worked perfectly for me and my Husband so I'm recommending y'all with such illness or infection Problem to contact Dr. Aziba WhatsApp via +2348100368288 or Email : priestazibasolutioncenter@gmail.com for Natural Herbal Medicine to help you get cured without surgery.








    Herbal medicine is 100% guaranteed to cure HSV 1&2 Totally, The main reason why lots of people are finding it difficult to get cured from HERPES disease and some other deadly disease like ALS,HPV,CANCER DIEBETICE etc. is because lots of people believe in medical Surgery and drugs made of chemicals which cause more damages to the body system, Natural Vegetable herbal medicine is best and effective with no side effects, I've used it and it worked perfectly for me and my Husband so I'm recommending y'all with such illness or infection Problem to contact Dr. Aziba WhatsApp via +2348100368288 or Email : priestazibasolutioncenter@gmail.com for Natural Herbal Medicine to help you get cured without surgery.

    ReplyDelete