Monday 24 June 2019

Integrated care or person centred care?










At the 6th "Right Care" Conference of the Clinical Management Section of the Societat Catalana de Gestió Sanitària we had the opportunity to get to know Don Redding, director of Policy and Partnerships for National Voices of the National Health Service and a well known promoter of the involving people in their own clinical processes. Redding said that the integration of services doesn’t make any sense if it’s intended only as an exercise of resource rationalization. On the contrary, he argued that coordination must be conceived based on the specific needs of each person, stating that every patient can be involved in their own care plan in agreement with close involved professionals and working as a team to achieve outcomes perceived as valuable by the patients themselves.


What matters to chronic patients?

In a previous post, I echoed the initiative "I statement" of the National Voices, a project that, in a structured way, picked up the point of view of people with chronic diseases. Redding summed it up in the following six points:



1. The professional team offers me a collaborative and trusting environment.
2. I have the support I need to make the decisions that best suit my way of being.
3. I receive elements of social prescription that help me be more connected to my community.
4. I receive support to increase my knowledge, skills and the confidence to be more autonomous.
5. The care plan is prepared jointly by me and the professionals involved.
6. I have an integrated budget for the social and health services that are included in the agreed care plan.

For the integration of social and health services, the English have chosen a strategy based on the real needs of people, instead of having focused on the management of resources, a courageous approach that will have to be followed carefully.

Given your interest, I enclose the video of Don Redding's conference on May 24, 2019 in Barcelona.



2 comments:

  1. Suffering from herpes is a Terrible Experience which I suffered till I met a herbal doctor called Dr. KHAM. I tried all possible means to get cured but I never received cure from any of the 7 hospitals I visited.Just March,14,2018 I saw a recent post of how Dr. Kham herbal medicine cured people and that he is a honest man to work with in the procedures on finding a cure, then i contacted him in trial and he sent me a herbal medicine with the full prescription oh how to drink for two weeks and i exactly followed the guidelines that was given to me by DR. KHAM to cute the long story short the herbal medicine flushed out my whole system and make the herpes virus inactive all thanks to Dr. Kham who God is using to cure people of this terrible virus (herpes simplex virus) for anyone here that has herpes or other kinds of disease and Virus should mail all his or her complain to DR. KHAM on his email which is (dr.khamcaregiver@gmail.com) or whats app him on +2348159922297  and you can get in touch with him on his website: drkhamherbalhealingcenter.wordpress.com/    



    ReplyDelete

  2. I'm 40 years old female I tested genital herpes (HSV1-2) positive in 2002. I was having bad outbreaks. EXTREMELY PAINFUL. I have try different kinds of drugs and treatment by the medical doctors all to know was avail. Six months ago I was desperately online searching for a helpful remedies for genital herpes (HSV1-2) cure, which i come across some helpful remedies on how Dr OYAGU have help so many people in curing genital herpes (HSV1-2) with the help of herbal treatment because I too believe there is someone somewhere in the world who can cure herpes completely. At of the past 2 months, however, I've been following his herpes protocol Via oyaguherbalhome@gmail.com or +2348101755322 and it stopped all outbreaks completely! To my greatest surprise I was cured completely by following the protocol of his herbal medicine . Don't be discouraged by the medical doctors. There is a cure for HSV with the help of herbs and roots by a herbalist Dr call Dr OYAGU he is so kind and truthful with his herbal treatment, kindly contact him for more information Via oyaguherbalhome@gmail.com or WhatsApp DR on +2348101755322 you will be lucky as i am today

    ReplyDelete