Monday 28 March 2016

+ smart + connected = + effective








Michael Porter has published another anthology document, in this case for the industry; and the question raised is paramount, the one regarding the interconnectivity of products. According to the authors, the main value that industries of the last century conveyed to consumers was the quality, or the durability, or the performance of their products; but with the advent of computers, the value of adjustment to the circumstances took hold. Hybrid cars and robotics are examples of this. But Porter and Heppelmann explain that now the products, besides being smart, should come embedded with interconnectivity of origin, and argue that in the future this will be the differential value for competitiveness.

"Smart and interconnected products -the authors say- will change the consumers’ perception, but so will the rules of the competition game, so the industry will be affected by this new setting. The new wave of information technology improvements will result in disruptive improvements in the capabilities of products and services, which will result in radical changes in the world economy and human relations".





And what all this has to do with the clinical management?

When I read the document, I found it of little use for health care, but a sixth sense told me to give it some thought. Porter is Porter, I thought. And when I read it again and I noticed the three successive stages of the concept of industrial product: a) the product is good in itself, b) the product is intelligent and adapts, and c) the product gets better when interconnected, I thought that this evolution is what has guided clinical management to date it will also mark the natural development from now on, and to illustrate what I mean, I have chosen a few examples:

a) The product is good in itself: a surgeon satisfied with the success of an intervention; a family physician proud to have gained control of glycaemia haemoglobin for a complex diabetic patient or a nurse who successfully applied the prevention of pressure ulcer in a bedbound frail patient.

b) The product is intelligent and adapts: a surgeon who shares with the patient the pros and cons of an intervention; a family doctor who pays attention to the emotional impact of the death of a spouse in adherence to treatment of a diabetic patient or a nurse who knows how to apply the palliative techniques proportionately to the degree of suffering of a patient in the final stage of life.

c) The more interconnected, the better the product gets: a multidisciplinary team that not only has the ability to jointly develop an individualized treatment plan for a patient with complex health and social needs, but also knows how to raise alarms when decompensations are detected and reunites as many times as necessary to rethink the coordination strategies.

In my view, the industrial Porterian recipe applied to clinical management would be: firstly to get it right; secondly to adapt it to real needs; and thirdly, to be able to align care objectives and knowing to revise them whenever necessary. Porter shows us again, albeit indirectly, the path to excellence in clinical management.

Jordi Varela
Editor

13 comments:

  1. Good luck to anyone reading this true life story of mine, I Was Diagnosed With type 2 Herpes Virus Last year, And I Was Looking For Solution To Be Cured Luckily I Saw Testimonies On How Dr Odion Cure Herpes Virus I Decided To Contact Dr Odion I Contacted Him He Prepared A Herbal Medicine Portion And Sent It To Me, I Started The Herbal Medicine For My Health. He Gave Me Step By Step Instructions On How To Apply It, When I Applied It As Instructed, I Was Cured Of This Deadly Herpes Within 2 weeks, I Am Now Herpes Negative. My Brother And Sister I No That There Are So Many People That Have The Same Herpes Virus Please contact Dr Odion To Help You Too, And Help Me To Thank Dr Odion For Cure Me, I’m Cured By Dr. Odion Herbal Medicine, His Contact Email: [drodionherbalhome12@gmail.com ] Or Cell Whatsapp Number +2349019421176 thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck to anyone reading this true life story of mine, I Was Diagnosed With type 2 Herpes Virus Last year, And I Was Looking For Solution To Be Cured Luckily I Saw Testimonies On How Dr Odion Cure Herpes Virus I Decided To Contact Dr Odion I Contacted Him He Prepared A Herbal Medicine Portion And Sent It To Me, I Started The Herbal Medicine For My Health. He Gave Me Step By Step Instructions On How To Apply It, When I Applied It As Instructed, I Was Cured Of This Deadly Herpes Within 2 weeks, I Am Now Herpes Negative. My Brother And Sister I No That There Are So Many People That Have The Same Herpes Virus Please contact Dr Odion To Help You Too, And Help Me To Thank Dr Odion For Cure Me, I’m Cured By Dr. Odion Herbal Medicine, His Contact Email: [drodionherbalhome12@gmail.com ] Or Cell Whatsapp Number +2349019421176 thank you

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want to share this great testimony to the world on how Dr VOODOO cure me from HSV1&2 with his herbs, I was nervous when i first contact him about the cure for HSV but i decided to give him a try because i was desperate to get cured and be free from HSV. Dr VOODOO prepared the remedy and sent it to me through UPS,which I use just the way Dr VOODOO instructed me and thank God today I am a beneficiary to this cure and I went back to the hospital after 7 days of taking the herbs and I tested HSV1&2 Negative. So I will tell you all who are looking for a cure to his/her HSV1&2 that Dr VOODOO took research before he could finally get the solution to it and a lot of people are benefiting from him right now. He also cured my friend from HPV. Dr VOODOO heals with natural herbs. Please I urge you to contact him now through his email address: voodoospelltemple66@gmail.com or call and WhatsApp him on +2348140120719. He is capable of curing HIV/AIDS, HERPES, HPV, HSV1&2, CANCER of all kinds, DIABETES and so many other infections.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Herpes can be treated and cured permanently but only few believe it. I was diagnosed of HSV few years ago, my doctor told me there is no permanent cure for the disease, i was given antiviral medication to reduce the outbreak of the virus, at the initial stage it was not so bad till it progressed to the end middle stage were i had difficulties going about my daily functions I was totally devastated till I saw a comment about Dr. okoh, who have used herbal medicines to cure virus like HERPES, HPV, ALS, when I contacted Dr.IGENE, via email, after a few discussion, he prepared the medicine and ship it to me, when I received the herbal medicine, I took it according to his instructions, few weeks later I went to the hospital to have a blood test and the test came back negative, i was cured and free from this Virus... That is why I am sharing my testimony so that people can also contact him for help, via his email:­ drigeneherbalhome516@gmail.com or on whatsapp +2349079935411} .

    ReplyDelete